Thursday, October 11, 2012

Calling All Doctors...Help with Balancing Equations

Okay, I'm on a roll with freebies this week!  Today the 2nd grade math para and I were trying to think of a good way for students to balance equations when there were missing addends.  Students were not grasping that they would have to balance the equation by reading from left to right.  You may be able to run to the printer faster than I can.  What tricks do you have for students balancing equations?  Please share!


3 comments:

  1. This is really creative! I would have never thought this way to teach the concept of balancing equations, but I think you did well!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I appreciate you sharing this! Hope your school year is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you--perfect timing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing some love!