Saturday, November 10, 2012

Superhero Readers

Okay, my son comes into my classroom after kindergarten each day.  Sometimes this is a good thing, and sometimes he is into everything!  Last Friday, he saw my new copies for my Syllable Types Reading Hero Unit.  Well, he decided he wasn't leaving for the weekend until he could create a mask himself!  Glad to know that the mask I created fits the face perfect.  I guess he completed the trial and error check!  Tada!

During tier time next week, my class will be using the mask to look through books for words with different syllable types.  My son used all of  the colors in the box to decorate his mask (shown above)  Your students can color their mask any way they like.  Or, you can go the quick route and copy the masks onto colored cardstock.  In this unit there are several pages of word cards to sort, a booklet for students to keep track of words with the rules, and an I Spy page.  I just love the Melonheadz Graphics sets!  The clipart tickles my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great! I really love the design as well. :)

    Second Grade Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing some love!