Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankgiving Quick Write Freebie

I know that your next couple of weeks are going to fly by!  So, I'd like to give you a few pages for quick writes!  Quick writes only take 5 minutes for students to complete, then everyone gets a chance to share!  Spelling is usually not important, however, you can do a quick brainstorm on the board before setting the timer.  I highly suggest this if you have students who won't write anything without being perfect!  When the timer goes off, the sharing part is so important, because you see students editing their wording as they are reading their writing outloud.  It's usually one of those "ah ha" moments! And, for those students who have U-G-L-Y handwriting, you get the chance to visit with them later about their inability to read their own handwriting!  I don't make students share if they don't want to read their piece aloud, but after doing several, they are usually comfortable enough to volunteer.



There are 3 writing prompts included in this freebie! They are..
1. On Thanksgiving I look forward to...
2. Once a turkey ran away from...
3. On Thanksgiving you might find me cooking...(boy and girl paper)
* Just click on the picture to get the GoogleDoc.

2 comments:

  1. Please try again! I readded the Google Doc link! Thank you for letting me know! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing some love!